Civility in America
Essays from America's Thought Leaders
In every sector of American society, civility has declined—from vicious political rhetoric to attacks in the blogosphere and lack of personal decency.
In 2011, The Dilenschneider Group sponsored a series of lectures on civility in conjunction with the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs.
Collected in this volume are the thoughts of some of the nation's most insightful minds as they explore this crisis and offer their opinions as to how we can restore civility in society.
• HENRY KAUFMAN on Civility in the Financial Sector
• CHARLES OSGOOD on Civility in the Media
• JOHN BRADEMAS on Civility in Public Life
• STEVE FORBES on Civility in Corporate America
• PHILIP K. HOWARD on Civility in Society
• MICKEY EDWARDS on Civility in Politics With an introduction by Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh, CSC